What does the world cost? Oh well, then we'll just take a small coke.


Friday, December 15, 2006

Two more verses for Ima Victim!

If you have ever heard my hit single, Ima Victim!, you know how I feel about all the victims in America who feel disenfranchised for some reason or another. If you haven't heard the song, know that I have a soft spot bigger than my belly for those who have been persecuted, lambasted or are just less fortunate than I am. It should, however, be noted that very few people are less fortunate than me; my life is one of constant difficulty, hardship and abuse and my level of victimization is paralleled by few.

The other day I was thinking about what a horrible mess my life was and how much others had done to cause my predicament, when I came to another conclusion: I am entitled to success. Not only have nincompoops destroyed my happiness, they have deprived me of the very things I need to live and, in some cases, forgotten what they owe me. The feeling got to be so strong that I made up a second verse to Ima Victim! While I didn't have access to the high tech recording studio like the one used to make the first version of the song, I did write out the lyrics below:

CHORUS: I'm Entitled. I'm Entitled

I'm Entitled. I'm Entitled, indeed

I'm Entitled to a good job and good salary

Indeed

I'm Entitled to a good life and no scurvy

Indeed.

CHORUS

I'm Entitled to three warm meals a day and decent shelter

Indeed

I'm Entitled to what I want helter-skelter

Indeed

CHORUS

I'm Entitled to entertainment or life's a bore

Indeed

I'm Entitled to everything and a little more

Indeed

If I ever get the microphone to which I am entitled, I'll record the song and upload it for your enjoyment.

As you may have noticed reading through the lyrics, something important is missing in my entitlement song. Victimization refers to injustices that occur during your life. Entitlement is something you are owed by virtue of you humanity. The next step is to compensate those who have been further victimized by being ignored, a process called reparations.

Here is the third verse to Ima Victim!:

CHORUS: I need Reparations, I need Reparations

I need Reparations, I need Reparations, indeed.

I need Reparations for the persecution and bad treatment

Indeed.

I need Reparations to build good will and personal betterment

Indeed

CHORUS

I need Reparations to make me smile and fatten my wallet

Indeed

I need Reparations for my good feeling and to support my bat habits

Indeed

CHORUS

I need Reparations for every forefather and every ancestor

Indeed

I need Reparations to make it all right and help my sister

Indeed

CHORUS

I need Reparations;Give me Reparations!

Indeed

I need Reparations;I am owed Reparations!

Indeed

As you can see, a truly heart-felt ode.

Remember we are all a victim of something, so find something to feel bad about and start singing Ima Victim!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to record these new verses so we can put them on our ipod and play them along with Ima Victim track one.